NOTE:**** This is not all of this post, but for some reason what I had written before all of this is gone. So, apparently, what I thought was important isn’t. However, the below is VERY important and I hope at least makes you think!***
David read this to us on Sunday and it literally brought me to tears. It’s from the book The Hole in Our Gospel.
* The total annual income of American churchgoers: $5.2 trillion
* Amount available if each of them gave 10% of their salary: $520 billion
* Estimated annual cost to eliminate extreme poverty in the world: $65 billion
* Annual cost for universal primary education for ALL children in the world: $6 billion
* Annual cost to bring clean water to most of the world: $9 billion
* Annual cost to bring basic health and nutrition for the world: $13 billion
* Total to eradicate the world’s greatest problems: $93 billion (1.8% of American Christian’s income)
Did that not make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end? Do you read what this is saying? If AMERICAN (not the world) Christians simply gave 2% (even though we’re to give 10%) of their income all of the world’s greatest problems would be ERADICATED!!!!!!!!!! How can that not make you stop and think? How can you read that and not be changed? How can you read that and not start tithing your required 10%?????
I want to leave you with this. Read these words from Acts and don’t just read them, but read them and be changed! Read them and ask the Lord how to make them applicable in your life. Read them and ask the Lord how you need to change so you too can be filled with His grace. Acts 4:32-35 (NIV) says this, “All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.”
May God forgive us for our selfishness and not truly giving. May he forgive us for keeping back too much for ourselves.